Why "Daydreaming Escape..."?
The answer is so simple...Life in general is filled with ups and downs, good and bad, sad and happy moments, situations and circumstances...Because of all that...Don't we ALL need an escape...a DAYDREAM ESCAPE?!! I create this Blog for all of us who need to escape in a dream once in a while...I want this to be about beautiful softness, romance and relaxation. Of course...a little bit of humour too!!! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daydreaming Rendez-Vous With Roxanne

Today I invite you to escape yourself in a daydreaming world of  watercolor  while meeting our lovely Roxanne...She generously took the time to answer a few questions and it been a pleasure to get to know this warm and genuine artist....Enjoy!





 Tell us a bit about yourself and your work. How did it all start?
My name is Roxanne Tobaison and I live in sunny, central Florida – USA, and married with 2 grown daughters. My media of choice is watercolors for over 30 years. 
You can say my watercolors are: FrameableWearable and Collectable.

Example of ACEO - Sunrise Flight

Who or what inspires you?

I am a Florida native and the area is brimming with natural wonders, treasures, beauty and so many historical landmarks. 
My paintings are inspired by my surrounding and God’s Creatures and Creation.

My camera is a very important tool; I take all my reference shots.  My materials are watercolors, acrylics and occasionally pen and inks.  Although realistic, I enjoy doing some abstracts as seen mostly in my pendants.


Recently, I added a line of glass tile pendants necklaces that showcase my original watercolor paintings.  These are affordable pieces of art that can be enjoyed and worn too.  These pieces are signed and titled and are OOAK. I also make ACEO’s baseball size trading cards – artists trading cards - which are collectable


  What do you love most of what you do?
 The main thing is that I feel blessed to have this God given talent and that others like it.  It’s personally fulfilling and therapeutic and wonderful when someone wants to purchase a piece.  Get rich doing it – I DON’T think so….but riches can be measured in many different ways.

Etsy activity
I am now a member of The Crafty Housewives Etsy Team, CASTTEAM…Christian Artists Street Team and CAPS – Christian Artist Promoting Shops and BlueBird. 

I love to make and view treasuries and participate in nonteamchallenges which has a different inspiration piece each week.  It is so interesting to see the creative process of the other curators.








8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Chantal for featuring me in your blog.

    Already got a sale of my Sunrise ACEO.

    Best, Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rox, I love everything...this is a fabulous artist. Please check out her etsy shop. I am the proud owner of a few of her art pieces...
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice feature & such beautiful items!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rox - you are such a talented artist! Everything is just beautiful.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. daydream escape, your blog is so dreamy. i enjoyed my visit here. it's like a mini spa........so elegant,feminine,

    Because Roxanne is one of my castteam mates, I enjoyed your interview of her........Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for your comments, Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanne is a wonderful artist!! Love her work! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful work! I love those dragonflies! Nice interview Chantal!

    ReplyDelete